As you may know, Java is an object-oriented programming language. Developers utilize this computing platform to develop various applications in scientific computers, cell phones, laptops, game consoles, and scientific supercomputers and data centers.
The software sector mostly relies on Java. You can choose this programming language for your business. Surely, your business will grow immensely. Additionally, when you outsource the Java development services, you will cut down your costs. You won’t have to recruit Java experts yourself.
The outsourced company is composed of many professionals with skills and expertise in the language. You can focus on the core business operations and ensure the greatest level of quality.
With such benefits, you can outsource without any hassle. Well, there are many advantages of utilizing the Java platform; you can read further to know all about them. Furthermore, you will get to learn the skills along with the roles and responsibilities of a Java developer.
With the help of Java platforms, the developers will be able to develop Java programs and run them in an efficient manner. It includes a collection of programs like a compiler, an execution engine, and a set of libraries. James Gosling developed this platform at Sun Microsystems, which Oracle Corporations later acquired.
Uses of Java:
Java is utilized in developing Android applications, and it also helps create Enterprise Software. It can be used for Big Data Analytics and server-side technologies such as GlassFish, Apache, and so forth.
Advantages of Java software:
Java is a top programming language and can be used on any platform. To know the advantages, you can read further.
- It is a simple language: If a language is simple, it means that it is easy to understand. You can write, learn and maintain the syntax of Java effortlessly. Additionally, the code is very much debuggable.
It is also a less complex language when compared to other programming languages. Storage classes, operator overloading, and explicit pointers concept are some features that have been removed from this programming language.
- It is cheap and economical to maintain: Developers depend on a particular hardware infrastructure to run this programming language. Hence, it is easy and economical to maintain. You can execute this program on various machines, which can reduce the cost.
- It is a secure language: When you avoid using explicit pointers, it can decrease the risks and threats of security. A pointer can lead to unauthorized access to memory. So, in order to resolve the issue, the concept of pointers must be removed.
Skills are necessary for Java developers:
According to Statista, 40 percent of the developers across the globe code in Java. You can outsource companies that provide Java software development services. Listed below are a few skills required for a Java developer.
- Basic skills in Java: As a Java developer, it is important to know the object-oriented programming principles. Additionally, you must know how to write MySQL Queries along with Web Frontend technologies such as JQuery, CSS, and HTML.
- DevOps tools are a must: You must have knowledge of the DevOps tools. If you are familiar with continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD), it means that you are a skillful developer.
- Andriod+Kotlin knowledge: If you have a sufficient amount of Kotlin knowledge, it will help you develop Android applications and allow you to stand out.
Roles and responsibilities of Java developers:
Roles and responsibilities are in varying terms. When it comes to the roles of a Java developer, it has three levels, namely lower, middle, and higher levels. The junior Java developers are at the lower levels with 1 to 2 years of experience, whereas the senior Java developers are at the mid-level with more than five years of experience.
Additionally, the lead Java developers at the higher level have more than ten years of experience. The responsibilities of the Java developers are to design Java application phases and implement them. In addition to this, they must know how to conduct software analysis.
They must also know how to test, program, and debug. They must be able to recognize the production application issues and non-production ones. They must also participate in software and architectural development activities.