Women in Latin America are often underrepresented in media and the patriarchy doesn’t help either.
We need Latin women to be given more representation, but 1) they have a hard time getting into Hollywood. 2) they often don’t have the same opportunities. And 3) many don’t feel like their representation is ethical.
Latin actors are not given enough recognition. There is a long list of reasons for this issue. But many are related to the lack of representation in Hollywood.
The media needs to do a better job at highlighting the accomplishments of these amazing celebrities and giving them the spotlight that they deserve. If you’re looking for some female Latino celebrities to follow on social media, look no further.
Who are the Latina Actresses You Should Follow on Facebook?
Celebrities are always looking for a way to stay connected with their fans and followers. Social media is one of the most popular ways for celebrities to do so. As such, it is important for them to have a presence on social media that can offer up a more personal experience.
The following Latina actresses are some of the most popular on Facebook. And you should follow then to stay in touch with these actresses.
1) Gina Rodriguez: Gina Rodriguez is an American actress who has become known for her roles in Jane the Virgin and The Bold Type. She has over 3 million followers on Facebook. And she often posts about her acting career or shares inspirational quotes or messages with her fans.
2) Annie Gonzalez: Annie Gonzalez is an American actress known for her role as Dr. April Kepner on the NBC medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy. She has over 4 million followers on Facebook and often posts about her acting career. Or, she shares inspirational quotes or messages with her fans.
3) Aislinn Derbez: Aislinn Derbe z is a Mexican actress, producer, showrunner and writer. She has over 2 million followers on Facebook and often posts photos of herself. She also shares positive messages with her fans.
5) Eva Longoria: Eva Longoria is an American actress and producer. She has over 1 million followers on Facebook. And she often posts about her charity work, acting career or shares positive messages with her fans.
Who are the Latin Actresses You Should Follow on Instagram?
Latin actresses are making waves in Hollywood, and they are not going anywhere. The following list of Latin actresses is compiled to show you the ones who you should be following on Instagram.
The list includes some of the most famous Latina actresses, including Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek. This list also includes some lesser-known Latina actresses. Such as, Gina Rodriguez and Liza Soberano, to show you that there is more than just Hollywood out there.
- Liza Soberano
- Gina Rodriguez
- Amelia Vega
- Catalina Cruz
- Victoria Rodríguez
- Naiara Aghasa
- Aisha Tyler
- Lilimar Bonet
Who are the Latina Actresses You Should Follow on YouTube?
Latina actresses are a minority in the entertainment industry. However, there are some Latina actresses who have gained fame and recognition for their work on YouTube. Here is a list of some Latina actresses to follow on YouTube:
1) Dulceida: Dulceida is an actress and singer from Argentina who has her own channel on Youtube. The channel has more than 2.5 million subscribers. She posts videos about makeup tutorials, fashion, and beauty product reviews.
2) Karla Martinez: Karla Martinez is an actress from Mexico who has her own Youtube channel with more than 3 million subscribers. In the channel, she posts comedy sketches and vlogs about her life as a Mexican immigrant in the United States.
3) Maria Fernanda Gonzalez: Maria Fernanda Gonzalez is an actress from Colombia who has starred in many popular Colombian dramas. Including ‘Amores de Barrio Llano’, ‘Entre Canibales’, ‘Los Hijos del Nilo’, and more.
Latina actresses are making huge waves in Hollywood by playing roles that have not been traditionally given to them. This is a result of the changing dynamics in Hollywood and its need for diversity.
Rosario Dawson is a shining example of the impact that Latinas have made in Hollywood. In 2002, she starred in the ABC show “One Tree Hill” as Zander Owens. In 2008, she became an Academy Award-winning actress for her performance as Claire Dearing in the Pixar film “WALL-E.”