Now that you just your first iphone you are probably wondering what in the world is an app. Every day we’re bombarded by all these messages that say download this app and that app. But what exactly is an iphone app? The article below offers some great tips and information that will explain to you how to get the most out of an iphone app.
- If your iPhone freezes up, and you can’t seem to get it to work, try mashing both the home and the sleep buttons simultaneously. After that, follow the instructions on the screen. This will bring your device back to life, although it will take a few minutes as the iPhone closes down and then comes back on.
- If you use Safari to browse through the Internet on your iPhone, try this trick for typing in a new URL. Instead of actually typing out “.com,” you can hold down the “.com” button. As you hold the button down, it will scroll through the most popular website extensions, including .org, .net and .edu.
- There are some great educational apps for children available if you have an iphone. There are also some great games to entertain your children, and some of the games are also educational. If your child needs extra help with math, reading or science, check out which apps are available for his age and grade level.
- Making your own dictionary as well as your most-used shortcuts is easy with the iPhone. You will be able to access these shortcuts when utilizing the dictation feature of your iPhone. You can program other shortcuts and phrases. This will allow the iPhone to autocorrect phrases as you type.
- There is a way you can take pictures faster instead of going through your apps. Double-tap on the Home button, and the camera icon will be available for you to tap. This even works if have your iPhone locked. Once you do this, use the volume up button to take the picture.
- On your iPhone, it is possible to look at PDF files in your iBooks. When you are on a website with a PDF, you want to view or a mail message, all you need to do is tap and then hold either the PDF link or icon. Then, simply select “open in iBooks”.
- If you are using your iPhone and want to save a copy of a page you are looking at, it is easy to take a screen shot. Just press the sleep/wake button at the same time as you press the home button. The screen will flash white and you will hear a sound that is similar to a camera shutter. That is all there is to it!
- Are you sick of the annoying “suggest words” when trying to type a text or email on your iPhone? This problem can be easily taken care of. If there is a suggest words that you do not want to accept, just tap the small “X” found at the end of the word.
- Hold your home button for six or more seconds to exit any app. Apps sometimes have a tendency to freeze. Don’t lose your patience and start dismantling the phone in some frustrated attempt to shut the entire thing off. Just hold down your home button. This will force your iphone to exit the app.
- Before putting your iPhone to sleep, press the home button. This ensures that all apps are turned off, and it saves you battery life in the process. If you simply put the phone to sleep without pressing home, you may have some apps running in the background and reduce your battery life.
- When typing a URL in your iPhone’s Safari browser, you can hold down the “.com” button at the bottom of the keyboard to bring up a list that contains other domain suffixes. To choose one, just glide your finger over them and release when the appropriate suffix is highlighted.
Now, after taking in the above article, you should be confident in knowing exactly what people are talking about when they say iphone app. Apps are rather simple little programs and can make your iphone experience that much better. Take what you learned here and use it to get yourself some great apps that will help simply using the iphone.