Joint supplements and topical solutions are common remedies for chronic joint pain. For people living in the hustle and bustle of the city, experiencing chronic body aches are not new.
However, they can sometimes hinder a person’s ability to perform day-to-day tasks. This is why preventive measures are always better than finding a cure and making lifestyle changes such as proper diet and exercise are highly important.
Joint pain can be caused by many factors such as aging, chronic diseases, or joint strain. It can also be a symptom of an underlying disease that needs treatment. Whatever the case may be, finding the right type of remedy to ease the discomfort is the first step towards treatment. In this article, we’re going to discuss the most common causes of joint pain and the different types of natural remedies you can try.
Common Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain affects people of different age groups but mostly the elderly. Other factors may also include comorbidities and bad lifestyle habits. Common causes of joint pain among the general public are as follows:
- There are different types of arthritis but the two most common types are rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. They can be typically addressed with joint supplements depending on the severity of the condition.
- Osteoarthritis generally occurs on parts of the body that are overused such are the hands, feet, wrists, and knees. This happens when the cartilage that protects the joints from rubbing against one another starts to thin or wear out.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a type of chronic autoimmune disease that attacks the joints causing them to break down. It typically causes pain, inflammation from the liquid buildup in the joints, and in severe cases, deformation.
- Tendinitis is the inflammation of tendons that causes pain around the joints. It could typically be the result of a strain, too much exercise, or an injury.
- It commonly manifests on the shoulders, elbows, heels, wrists, and knees and can be due to underlying conditions such as diabetes and arthritis.
- Some types of cancer may lead to body aches and joint pains especially when it grows near a bone or joint.
- When cancer spreads to a bone, it can cause pain and inflammation that sometimes require joint supplements or treatment. Cancers like leukemia and bone cancer are the most common types that are afflicted with this condition.
Natural Ways to Cure Joint Pain
Though there are many kinds of joint supplements and topical solutions that can help ease the discomfort of joint pains, there are many natural alternatives that can address the issue. Read on as we list 2 lifestyle changes that can help aid the common issues brought by joint pain.
Eating the right types of food addresses many different health conditions and improves your overall immune system. Many kinds of food can directly aid the inflammation and suffering caused by joint pain. Fatty fish, green tea, and various kinds of berries have anti-inflammatory properties that can help with the discomfort brought by joint pain.
Regular Exercise and Medical Consultations
People with underlying diseases like obesity or diabetes may experience chronic joint pain. This is why regular exercise is highly important to strengthen our bones and lose excess weight that might be straining our bodies. Visiting your doctor regularly is also highly necessary for those with underlying diseases as they can help prescribe joint supplements that can aid with any type of discomfort.