Have you ever seen a sticker with a rainbow effect around it? Or maybe one that looks like it’s been inked on? These are called holographic stickers and matte stickers, respectively. They’re both printed with different ink and have every other use. So let’s talk about when each type of sticker is best applied. You can check these stickers from Vograce, and they also make a custom acrylic keychain.
What is a Holographic Sticker?
They are stickers that have a holographic effect when viewed from different angles. They are made of a unique material with a reflective surface, which you can use in advertising and marketing.
What are the different types of holographic stickers?
These stickers contain plastic and paper, plastic and metal, and paper and metal material. They come in various shapes and sizes. Some of them are even transparent! What’s more, there are a few different kinds of holographic stickers:
- Holographic foil is the most common type. It has a reflective surface that you can use as a sticker or on top of another sticker for extra shine. The holography found in these foils creates an image that appears to move if viewed from different angles.
- The transparent holographic film is also available if you want your design to look floating above whatever surface you apply it to. This type of film is prevalent because you can use it over any color background without losing its effect. As opposed to the white-backed types of vinyl, which only work with light backgrounds.
What are the uses of holographic stickers?
- Holographic stickers for security purposes cannot be copied easily, thus making them difficult to fake or duplicate by an unauthorized party (e.g., a counterfeiter). This makes holograms ideal for anti-counterfeiting since they require sophisticated equipment and materials that most individuals do not have access to (i.e., laser engraving machines).
- It may also improve safety through holograms since they reduce confusion related to authentication regarding sensitive documents like credit cards or passports. A key aspect is deciding whether someone should be allowed entry into your home or office building without being fully aware of what might happen once inside.
What is a Matte Sticker?
It is a flat vinyl sticker printed on thin, flexible vinyl material. They are typically not shiny or glittery, which makes them ideal for adding to products that you want to appear sleek and professional.
What is a different type of matte sticker?
Matte stickers are made of a different material than holographic stickers. They are more durable, more affordable, and flexible than holographic stickers. Matte stickers are made of vinyl, allowing them to be opaque and not see-through. Holographic stickers have a clear film layer that makes them see through when appropriately applied. A matte sticker will not allow as much light as holographic ones do when applied properly, so they appear more opaque compared to their counterpart, which allows less light to pass through them, giving off an iridescent look with your logo or graphic on the surface.
What are the uses of matte stickers?
The most common use of them branding. You can also use it to create a sense of privacy and security, such as on the windows of retail stores.
Users apply it to product packaging or advertising. You can place it on mirrors and other reflective surfaces inside your home or office to prevent glare from making them hard to see in certain lighting conditions.
How to Apply
Below are the tips for applying for both types of stickers.
- Clean the surface with rubbing alcohol, which will help to remove any oils or dust.
- Peel the sticker from its backing.
- Place it on your surface and press firmly onto it until you hear a strong sound, indicating that you have secured your new sticker in place. This is important because if an area of your sticker isn’t firmly adhered to its new home, it could become ripped or destroyed over time.
- Remove transfer tape. Again, this step is only necessary if you use a transfer tape option when purchasing holographic stickers.
How to Remove
Look at the tips below so you can remove these stickers easily whenever you want.
Removing Matte Stickers
To remove these stickers, you will need to use a little bit of force and patience. If you use too much force when trying to peel off the sticker, it may tear or leave behind some residue. To avoid this, make sure that your hands are dry and hold onto the corners as close to the edge as possible. Then slowly begin peeling off one corner until all four sides have been peeled away from their surface.
Removing Holographic Stickers
The best way to remove holographic stickers is by pulling them towards yourself while sliding another piece of paper underneath them with your other hand. This will allow you enough space between the sticker and its surrounding surface so that it comes off easily without leaving behind any residue.
What is the difference between the holographic and matte stickers?
Both stickers are different, so you should get the right ones for your project. Holographic stickers are shiny, metallic, and glossy. They have a slight 3D effect that makes them appear floating on the surface of whatever you stick them to. Matte stickers are flat, dull, and non-reflective. However, they are less expensive than holographic stickers because they don’t require as much material or labor to produce.
Both types can be made of vinyl or similar materials like paper or cardstock; however, holographic vinyl is more durable than matte paper. It has been laminated with an extra layer of plastic film over its surface. And it protects against cracking when bent or folded around corners, like when you turn down a page in your favorite book.
Here we explain different types of stickers and their uses. With these tips, you should be able to find the best sticker for your needs. You should also look for acrylic keychain because they are very popular for their uses.